Social distancing and quarantine measures are necessary to support the health of our communities. However, having a business during quarantine is one of the biggest challenges we are facing. From restaurants to retail to law services, all businesses need to adapt in this trying time.
That said, below are five reasons why you should still continue to serve customers and expand your offerings.
1. You Can Try New Ways to Deliver Your Product
There are many accessible ways to promote your products or services in new circumstances. This can neatly fit into small business marketing campaigns as they don't require many resources. Here are some ideas:
- Host regularly scheduled classes via Facebook live or Instagram live;
- Design and publish a customized quiz on social media and give away prizes;
- Create videos or go live to show how your business works during quarantine;
- Share useful information on how to stay safe;
- Show how your product or service can help people in quarantine;
- Give tips on creative activities using common household items;
- Suggest how people can do some DIY projects using your professional expertise.
What an online marketing service in NYC can do for you is to maximize your exposure and presence. Ask for suggestions on creating & maintaining a social media branding strategy, communicating with your clients, finding new revenue streams, producing content, and a lot more.
2. You Can Increase Online Sales
There are also alternative delivery methods for your businesses’ product or service that can directly contribute to your sales during the quarantine. Here is what you can try:
- Gift card offers: Spend $50 and get one or more items for free or on discount.
- Referral bonuses: Monetize word-of-mouth referrals from your existing clients.
- Branding campaigns: Utilize the sight of logos, taglines, colors, and company names in your content.
- Video campaigns: Try integrating shareable, captivating, and short video content.
- Custom email campaigns: Keep the communication transparent and update your email subscribers.
- Waive shipping fees: Give customers an incentive to choose your shop over competitors.
3. You Can Complete Tasks You’ve Been Putting Off
Suddenly, all businesses have more free time on their hands. How will you use it while your physical location is closed? You can make physical changes (rearrange the space, seating, etc.), do maintenance work (steam clean your carpet, repaint rooms, organize your pantry, inventory), and think of other ways to improve your tooling/service.
Small businesses in quarantine can also take time to re-assess their finances. For example, are you paying too much for your payment vendor, vendor, staff management tool? You might find that some costs can be cut significantly. This means you can offset some potential losses.
4. You Can Build Your Skills
Another way you can grow your business and increase conversion is by improving your business skill as a company and individually. Business owners and their staff can take online courses that will help them succeed in your day-to-day business operations. This way, you will be more than prepared to re-open with a bang.
It can be anything from leadership, financial management, marketing, sales and customer service, communication and negotiation, delegation and time management, project management and planning, problem-solving, networking.
5. You Can Serve the Community
As part of their quarantine marketing, many companies chose to help their local communities get through the crisis. Both startups and major organizations can make a positive impact on society and the economy. During this time, some groups need additional assistance so you can extend a helping hand.
Depending on your line of business, you can help in different ways. For example, provide some products/services for free or for a discount. When the situation stabilizes, your clientele and audience will speak highly of your company.
Takeaway on Keeping Your Business Healthy
Even when most people are still in quarantine, it doesn’t mean your small business has to be put on hold. Regardless of whether you are considered an essential business or had to switch to re remote business, there are great opportunities to turn this situation into profits. This is the perfect time to branch out of your normal practices and get creative.